Sunday, August 18, 2013
The village of Darley
We spent today exploring the tiny village of Darley. It is the nearest village to the base and was good practice for me, as this was the first time I drove off base by myself! Our American van still hasn't arrived so we are driving a borrowed car along with the British one we just bought. Not only is the car to British specs, it is a stick shift! I was pretty proud of myself, shifting with your left hand isn't easy for a righty! We found an old mill that has been turned into a store/tea house and walked a couple miles of "public footpaths." The views were amazing and the houses in town looked like they were straight out of a movie set. I have to say, I am loving England so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2025 The First Six Months
This year was to be a year of rejoicing (my chosen "word of the year") and so far, it has exceeded our expectations! We have had ...
-
This year was to be a year of rejoicing (my chosen "word of the year") and so far, it has exceeded our expectations! We have had ...
-
2024 ...full of many wonderful celebrations and two very sad goodbyes..... Victoria turned 1! Charlie turned 16 and got his license! Ramie...
No comments:
Post a Comment