Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy 17th Birthday Joseph!



































Ask and you shall receive...Joseph wanted to go to a Nationals game for his birthday...miraculously the USO was giving away tickets to deployed family members ON Joseph's birthday! The event was sponsored by Smithfield whose spokesperson just happens to be Paula DEEN!!! We got to go to a FREE reception with lots of yummy food on top of the parking garage overlooking the ballpark and even got to meet Paula! She even took a pic with flat Daddy!



The game was awesome and Joseph even caught a ball thrown into the stands by one of the outfielders, saving the older lady in front of him from getting hit in the head! Her son, who was my age, thanked him for saving his mother's life!! That boy must be living right... :) Suffice it to say, it was an unforgettable birthday. Did I mention we ALL got autographed cookbooks to boot?

2 comments:

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

That is so awesome, that it all worked out so well and that you had food cooked by Paula Deen. When did you update this blog though? I have pictures from like a week ago that I still probably won't be downloading today.

The Perry's said...

Hey! How awesome was that birthday! So neat how the Lord ordains moments like that for us! I'm sure your kids loved it! Happy Birthday to Joseph! I can't believe he's already 17!! WOW! I met Paula Deen a few months ago too at our Dillards. She is a very sweet woman! Hope all is well with you guys! We're heading over to Saudi Arabia this summer-- so we'll be on Jodi's side of the world--sort of!

2025 The First Six Months

 This year was to be a year of rejoicing (my chosen "word of the year") and so far, it has exceeded our expectations! We have had ...