Sunday, July 21, 2024

Two and half years flies by....

 Two and half years?!?

This blog certainly needs an update!

I will just try and hit the big events, but I am sure I will miss something.

Life has been full.

Joy and celebration.

Sorrow and reflection.

I am more grateful every day for this life and the people in it.

2022


Quick Weekend trip to Miami to watch Formula 1 over Mother's Day and to be with Joseph and Ashley.
Fun family excursion to the Coke museum when we were in Alabama/Georgia this summer.
Big family trip to Hawaii!!! So much fun! Gracie and Charlie loved surf lessons and everyone loved the daily snorkeling and poke! We were there for the Texas Children's Choir mission as well, and as usual, they were amazing! They sang at the Punchbowl, as well as venues all over the big island.




Next up was a dear young friends wedding in Montgomery, Alabama. Emily made and transported the cake, which was quite a feat! It was so good - there wasn't a slice left over! We had a blast reconnecting with old friends from our time in Montgomery, and even had some time on the lake.



Next, we were back with Uncle Jopa and Aunt Ashley - in North Carolina, this time! Emily and the girls and I took a quick trip and had fun exploring, doing crafts, and picking blackberries and flowers.


A surprise visit from one of my oldest and dearest friends, Lisa Smith was such a treat!
PawPee, Jody and Charlie snuck in a fishing trip, while I snuck in a trip to Illinois. Here I am with Dad and my godson, Samuel. It was so good to see all my Illinois people!

Here is our NeeNee on one of the last times she was well enough to get out. Jody took her to Walmart and she tried to convince him to buy her a Monster drink!
December 2022 brought our biggest, and I daresay, and most fun and successful full family trip yet!
Colorado for skiing, sledding, tubing, exploring Breckenridge, and lots of FUN! 




Unfortunately, Charlie got the flu two days in and didn't get to ski, but it was otherwise a fabulous trip!
2022 was certainly an eventful year!


No comments:

2025 The First Six Months

 This year was to be a year of rejoicing (my chosen "word of the year") and so far, it has exceeded our expectations! We have had ...