Everyone will be very happy to see 2020 come to a close, but as I reflect back, I cannot help but be grateful. This year has been a year of challenges. Challenges that brought us to our knees but that also brought us closer to each other and closer to God. The most terrifying experience being Drew's subdermal hematoma and subsequent emergency brain surgery. This is the post from Facebook that gave everyone an update after we had been in Charlotte with Drew for a few days. I have written extensively about the experience in other places but for now, I will simply share the update from Oct 16, 2020 here -
I bought this shirt for Drew as a souvenir when we were visiting Joseph and Ashley in Charlotte three weeks ago. I liked the message and it was super soft so I thought he would like it. It’s the shirt he has asked to wear most this week.
We also helped convince Ashley to buy an antique rocker that is now sitting in the room Drew is recuperating in- it’s the perfect size.
We also suggested they invite Drew to spend his birthday here in Charlotte. We were having such a great time, and Drew was pretty bored in Lubbock, all his school was online...so they bought him a ticket with no hesitation.
When the headache that had been plaguing him for weeks off and on got so bad that he needed to go to the ER, his brother left work to bring him, and by the time the helicopter arrived to take him to have emergency brain surgery, his sister-in/law was there as well.
By the time we were on the plane to travel from San Antonio just three hours later, Ashley was able to speak to us briefly, as we taxied out, to reassure us that Drew had survived and the surgery was successful.
All the airline points that we accumulated when our 30th anniversary trip to Italy was canceled? The same trip that would have had us out of the country this very week? All being used to fly his sisters here individually so he never has to be alone over the next few weeks, after his godmother, who just happens to be free next week comes to take care of him while we fly home to see the younger kids.
God is in EVERY detail of our lives. We are so grateful to Him and to all of you who have been praying.
Drew’s recovery is going beautifully and we give all the glory to God.
No comments:
Post a Comment