Oh, Paris!
I really never had a real desire to see you. I thought you would be just another city. Full of crowded streets and pickpockets that would override any redeeming beauty held in the Eiffel Tower or Arc de Triomphe. My husband, however, had a plan (because he secretly knew I would LOVE you!) He took me to Paris in March.
The weather was chilly, but clear. There were relatively few pickpockets and scammers, and almost no crowds! We roamed freely under the Eiffel Tower, we had our pick of seats on the bus tour, and we had no trouble getting a table in the adorable café where I learned what all the fuss about froie gras is really about! Seriously - it is FABULOUS! Who knew?
I feel so incredibly blessed by the opportunities we have had living here in Europe. Doubly blessed to have a husband who insists we take life and live it to the fullest. Even if that means being taken to places I really didn't think I even wanted to go.
At 11:00 the Eiffel Tower sparkles for about 15 minutes - one of the many surprises Paris had in store for me!
A little blurry, but this was the view from our hotel. We could see the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel tower!
Eiffel Tower and the best husband on the planet.
Arc de Triomphe
Some of the amazing art in the Louvre.
We saw the Mona Lisa, the Venus de Milo and countless other works of art. Winged Victory was our favorite.
Sweetheart, he has absolutely nothing on you! (;
Notre Dame
Views from the bus tour
A tired me on our evening boat tour of the Seine.
Day two began with fancy French pastries!
Sacre Coeur
OooLaLa!
Musee d'Orsay - We loved this museum! Unfortunately, they were pretty strict about taking pics inside. We saw most of the great French Impressionists work here.
We ended our trip on Sunday morning with Mass at St. Ferdinand near our hotel. It was a completely "French" experience and we have now participated in Masses spoken in Portuguese, Italian, French, and Arabic!
We ended our trip on Sunday morning with Mass at St. Ferdinand near our hotel. It was a completely "French" experience and we have now participated in Masses spoken in Portuguese, Italian, French, and Arabic!
1 comment:
Wonderful Pictures!!! Thank you for sharing the trip with us. You both look fantastic!!! xox
Post a Comment