Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer 2012

I have been very remiss in posting to this blog this summer! Translation - I have been so completely crazy busy with all seven kids back in this "new" house that I haven't had time to go to the bathroom much less post pics and catch everyone up!
Well, here is our summer in quick review....kicked off the summer with a family trip to Hershey Park, had such a great time Charlie cried the whole way home because he didn't want to leave! Joseph was even able to come!...swim team was a blast with much success and I have six great swimmers, with one little guy who is almost ready to be out in the deep alone! Praise God, I will be able to sit at the pool and actually read a magazine next summer...July brought wonderful cousins to visit...the realization that Joseph would not be going back to Auburn because when they say you have to keep a 3.0 to retain your scholarship, the MEAN it.  No, a 2.7 won't cut it.  Life lessons can be hard.  Especially on the parents who have to rearrange our laundry room because no one wants to give up the new room they just obtained in March when we bought this house thinking we were one kid down!  So now Joseph is happily (I use that term loosely) situated on a bed tucked (doesn't that sound better than jammed or smashed?) in our laundry room and is paying his way through a year of community college until his GPA is good enough to get into an engineering program somewhere else.  It is actually not that bad, I kinda like having him home.  July also brought home improvement projects, I mean it is ours now, why not do what we want?!  Like pull up all this carpet and see if we can put down wood floors?  Amazingly enough, Jody and the kids did it!....August brought Jody's new "job" (school at ICAF) and his promotion to Colonel - Yay!!! and now Sept. is here and school has started with everyone, but Drew, back home (his choice). Definitely an eventful summer!   It may be Christmas before I post again so I will try to include some new pics.  We continue to be humbled and grateful for God's blessings on our family.

1 comment:

Jason&Shannon said...

Thanks for updating your blog. I had been wondering what ended up happening with Joseph. Hopefully it will work out for the best. Seeing pictures of your wonderful family makes us miss them all the more, but please keep posting them!

2025 The First Six Months

 This year was to be a year of rejoicing (my chosen "word of the year") and so far, it has exceeded our expectations! We have had ...