Friday, January 14, 2011

Thirty days....

Thirty days and counting down...Jody should be home in a month! The days go ever so slowly, or at least they seem to! But the weeks do fly by...so I am hoping that these few weeks will fly and we will be one, whole, happy family again. This has been, as I guessed it would be, the most difficult part of the year for me. As always, God is good and faithful. I haven't done anything awful to the children :) or said something rude to a well meaning person who mentions how quickly this year has gone by, or climbed into my bed to retreat for a few days, which I am always tempted to do! We have done better than survived. We have grown and we have learned, and we have become a better family because of it.

3 comments:

Helen Audirsch said...

Oh, Rachel, your blog is so uplifting! I enjoy all the pictures and the captions so much. Hard to believe that you and Jody have been married almost 20 years! Where does the time go? You have such a handsome family... such high family ideals... such faith in our Lord Jesus. Can't wait for the good word that Jody has arrived back at home (permanently)! With love from Louisiana..
Helen (and BR)

Vince said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vince said...

It was great to see you on your way home! Godspeed getting back to your family.

2025 The First Six Months

 This year was to be a year of rejoicing (my chosen "word of the year") and so far, it has exceeded our expectations! We have had ...