Advent is a time of waiting. Patiently and joyfully awaiting the birth of our Savior. As I reflect on this last year, I realize our family has had it's fair share of waiting! We have tried to be patient and we have tried to be joyfull and we have been blessed abundantly because of it! This year without Jody has had it's struggles and difficulties but it has shown us the mercy and love of Christ in so many ways that we can only feel grateful. We have felt every prayer lifted up by our family and friends and we have drawn closer to each other and to God during this deployment. We have benefitted from the help and hospitality of many friends and neighbors. Thank you!
Our year started with an unprecedented snowstorm that kept the kids out of school for most of the week prior to Jody's departure. It didn't, however, keep the flights bringing family and friends to visit away! God is sooo in the details!
Our summer was full of "pool time," with two lifeguards and five out of seven kids on the neighborhood swim team, we were at the pool every day, literally! We also managed to get to Alabama so Joseph could visit colleges (It looks like Auburn...I know, I know...) and we could visit friends. My sister generously came and watched the kids while I was able to meet Jody in Egypt TWICE (God is sooo good!), once in May and once in August, which just happened to coincide with our twentieth anniversary, while Jody was running conferences there.
The fall brought school, with two of my most apprehensive kiddos getting teachers that they had had previously (How is that for God helping ease their stress?). It also brought football and cheer and scouts and girls on the run and brownies and, you get the picture. I think God wanted me to be plenty busy so I wouldn't have time to feel sorry for myself! Fall also eventually brought Daddy home! We were so excited to have Jody home for Thanksgiving, the annual Christmas tree "hunt", and St. Nicholas day (Santa presents!). It was the best two weeks of the year! It was hard to see him leave again but we are happy to now be on a two digit countdown until his return.
So, again, we are waiting. Patiently and joyfully, just as we wait for Christmas, because God has blessed us so abundantly and we put all our confidence in him.
We wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Love,
The Ogea's
Jody, Rachel, Joseph, Emily, Ramie, Drew, Gracie, Maggie and Charlie
No comments:
Post a Comment